Chelmsford Branch formed in 1986 and has almost 80 members. At most meetings we have a speaker, except in January when we have a hands on evening organised by the branch committee. Members may borrow books, magazines and DVDs from our library, buy items from our branch sales table where a bargain can quite often be found, purchase a raffle ticket, we have a monthly raffle with wonderful prizes and finish the evening off with a cup of tea or coffee and a chat with friends.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of every month between 7.45pm and 10pm, 2nd Monday in December, no meeting in August at the Main Hall, Christchurch, New London Road, Chelmsford CM2 0AW.
The Branch also has a very popular well supported Young Embroiderers’ Group Young Embroiderers Rep: Libby Smith
If you are a ‘stitcher’ Chelmsford Embroiderers’ Guild is the Group to join!
• We are a fun group of people that love to work with stitch and cloth
• We have lots of informative evenings, usually with speakers.
• We have evenings where we take part in projects/learn new techniques
• We have a sales table where you can buy those bits that you just can’t live without!
• And a very well stocked library that has recent publications of books and DVDs that you can borrow.
But most important of all,
• We are a group who like sharing our skills with our fellow members
• We are very friendly and we have fun
If you are thinking you might like to give us a try, you can come along as a visitor before you make the decision to commit!!! You are also very welcome to phone any one of the committee to chat about what the group is like – just to make sure it is right for you, and if you are coming on your own and maybe a little anxious, we will always make sure you are welcomed and introduced to other members of the group.
Christ Church, London Road, Chelmsford, CM2 0AW
Meeting Day: Monday
Current Members: 87
Chair: Nicola Kimber
Treasurer: Diane Kelsey
Secretary: Sharne Gregory
Young Embroiderers Rep: Libby Smith
IT Rep: Penny Williams